RULE-1: Use a period (.) at the end of declarative sentences, and most imperative sentences.
1. Please stop talking(.)
2. Christmas falls on the 25th of December.
RULE -2: Use a period (.) after an abbreviation or after an initial.
A.M. P.M. U.A.E. Fr. Sr. J.P. Stanley
RULE-3: Use a period after each number or letter that shows a division of an outline or that comes before an item in a list.
Camp Activities (an outline)
EXERCISE (supply the missing periods).
1. Dr Doolittle comes at 8:00 PM
2. Mr and Mrs Bogle invited us for dinner
3. The fig trees are found in Washington D C
4. The parcel was addressed to Ms L M Diaz